Writing an interesting letter is an art. The best Pen Pals offer personal information and anecdotes about themselves, and then ask questions for the other person to answer in their reply letter. We put together these tips on writing to make it easier for you to write to Pen Pals. Use these letter ideas the next time you write to your Pen Pal!
It can be difficult to learn how to write a letter and divulge personal information about yourself. We like to start our letters by giving our pen pals an interesting fact or story about ourselves. The more you practice writing letters, the easier it will be to think of new creative topics. Using our app, Pen Pals will connect you with lots of pen pals all over the world, and you will get lots of writing practice! Here’s a list of ideas that can help you get started on your next letter.
- Things that make you happy
- Your favorite movies, books, bands, foods, TV shows
- What you do for work; not just your job title or place of employment, but what you do at work
- Sports you play
- Hobbies you have
- Where you currently are, what you are doing today
- Places you have traveled to
- Places you would like to travel to
- Who your family members are, and something about each of them
- Your goals
- Unusual facts about you
- Things that you do every day
Exploring some of these topics may teach you something new about yourself!
The person who is receiving your letter may not know what to write, so we like to help our pen pals by asking them questions that they can respond to when they write back. Get to know your pen pal better and make friends all over the world. Use these questions to help you learn more about your pen pal.
- What is your favorite animal, TV show, book, author?
- Do you have any tattoos, piercings?
- What are your bad habits? Good habits?
- What would the perfect weekend be like for you?
- What three things could you not live without?
- If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- Do you prefer spending time inside or outside?
- What is your favorite thing to do in summer, fall, winter, spring?
- What three things always make you feel happy?
- Is there a song that you always sing along to when you hear it?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you like tea or coffee better?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What do you wish you knew how to do?
- If you had to move to another country, where would you choose and why?
- Can you speak other languages?
Asking your pen pal questions will help you learn more about them, and will give them an easier time with writing back.
The more you write, the better you will get. Don’t get too caught up on fancy prose or deep reflections, just write as you would speak. Reveal something about yourself, and ask something about your pen pal. Follow our tips on writing letters to your Pen Pals, and see how fast they write back to you!
Join city mity pen pals to find new pen pal friends and enjoy talking to them.