Recently, a user asked us:
I have a question about your pen pals. How did you find them? Are they people that you know in your life (i.e. friends or family)? I was looking to make some pen pals and wasn’t sure how to start and find it. I have several friends and family that I write to currently , but I was looking to meet and write to new people really far from my country.
So , I decided to share my response in a short post to guide you how to start having penpal friends :
It is a summary of what you can do to find pen pals:
Some of my pen pals are family members and close friends. However, I’ve met most of my letter writing friends through my blog and Instagram and penpals websites.
Below are a few simple tips to find pen pals:
- Blog about your interest in letter writing , snail mail , language exchange or the different type of friendships you need.
- Ask blog readers, Facebook friends, or your Instagram buddies if they would like to exchange letters with you.
- Sign up for a service like Postcrossing.
- Social media sites — like Instagram and Pinterest — are perfect tools to meet like minded people , you can search keywords such as “penpal” or “pen pals” to see related pen pal request posts and follow people to ask them your request.
- The best way of finding new pen pals is through pen pal websites we have gathered for you in this post , you can compare them and after making profile , you will easily have many pen pal friends. Visit these articles for more help:
What would you add to the list? Share your experiences and tips in the comments section.